September 5, 2019

BRB Banjo is in Smash


Jeez Louise, Sakurai and crew are just NOT letting up with these big Smash Bros. Ultimate drops, are they?  Feels like I've only just gotten started with Hero, and no I've got to put him on the back burner for the bear and bird.

You can't really blame me though, can you?


I mean, technically I already had Hero on the back burner, what with me doing some soul-searching to find a new main.  Tried Ike, and it went okay...until it didn't, and I discovered firsthand how crippling his weaknesses are.  Tried Robin, and it went better...but he/she might be too gimmicky to get consistent wins by my hand, let alone make it to Elite Smash.  Went back to my old main, Palutena, and it went surprisingly well.

Then my winning streak was matched point-for-point by a losing streak, and I couldn't shut the game down fast enough when I lost to a teabagging Jigglypuff.



I've been playing a lot of Smash Ultimate recently, irrespective of Banjo and Kazooie dropping.  Part of it is a matter of pride, because I want to unlock Elite Smash at least once, and I'm nothing if not obsessive.  And vengeful; losing makes me want to win -- and destroy wicked transgressors -- that much more.  As you can guess, there have been a lot of instances where I've been so frustrated with this game that I've contemplated quitting it outright, or at least not touching it for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.  So grinding it out so much is both a way to reclaim my honor and a way to find an anti-frustration measure.  I want and need someone who has the tools to deal with all the garbage online.  But I just don't want to jump to a top-tier and cheese my way to victory.  I want someone who resonates with my playstyle and sensibilities -- my very soul -- to show my resolve.  To win my way.  To prove that I'm right, and have the right to smash.

Is Banjo the character I need?  The one who'll not only take me to that sacred plateau, but also set my heart ablaze?  I'm about to find out.


I'll cut the post off here so that I can conduct more research.  Hopefully when next I write, I'll have good news to report.

...

...Failing that, I'll just talk about Astral Chain Game's dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment