February 21, 2019

Time to Play the Game…Again.


Not that game.  God no.  Well, not now at least.

I guess it’s more of a metaphorical game than anything.  And by “metaphorical” I mean “this blog”.  That would probably help explain why things look a little…different around here all of a sudden.  Such as: a 14pt font!  Which is mostly a consequence of my word processor refusing to properly format with the Blogger dashboard and settings, but whatever.  Don’t worry about it.


I didn’t exactly plan to scale back the output for so long.  I should have restarted a while back -- and would have, if not for Kingdom Hearts III unexpectedly taking up such a massive amount of mental space.  Ideally I would have washed my hands of it by now, but if you’ve been here for long enough, you may have noticed a very ghastly trend.

In 2013, I spent an inordinate amount of time picking apart Final Fantasy 13-2, piece by piece until even the bones crumbled to dust.  In 2015, it was the same treatment for Final Fantasy Type-0.  2017 had me go through FF15…at least as much of it I could stand before I tapped out.  Now it’s 2019, meaning that another great endeavor is upon me.  I’m not sure to feel about the fact that every two years I’m seemingly destined to deal with another Squeenix-branded tragedy, but here we are.  Expect more KHIII posts, because there is a LOT to parse through.

Wait, did I say “I’m not sure how to feel”?  Sorry, I know exactly how to feel.


The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.  

In any case, I’ve been planning a revamp of the blog for a long while now (had to get rid of that cabbage hue sometime).  And with the harsh winter months finally winding down?  Best to get back into the swing of things.  Part of that is going to include more changes down the line, hopefully; there were some changes I wanted to implement prior to this post, but I already had my computer freeze up on me mid-edit, and I’d rather not have it spontaneously combust on me anytime soon.  So if things shift slightly down the line, that’s why.  If I’m doing my job right, you’ll barely even notice.  Except when you do.

The more crucial aspect is going to be doing work beyond the bounds of the blog.  I’ve been slacking on establishing my presence elsewhere (especially via social media), which is the number one area I need to work on.  It seems like the further on I go with this thing, the more I get performance anxiety vis a vis telling people that this thing exists.  Or saying anything, really.  Given the long-documented existence of shitposts, I’ve probably been overthinking the whole “write a few lines on Twitter” thing for well over half a year.


There’s a part of me that’s tempted to stay on the one-a-week schedule indefinitely, but if I did that, I’d never be able to get through everything I want to reach in a reasonable amount of time.  Not to mention the fatigue from doing the same subject over and over; yeah, I could write about nothing but KHIII for thirteen weeks straight, but I’d rather break up the flow.  Contrary to popular belief, this is not a blog built solely to shit on Squeenix.

Maybe like, 70% at most.

It’s also worth noting that I’m an idiot, and thus my eyes are bigger than my stomach.  I have even more things I want to work on, including that one.  You know, that one -- the one I’ve got open in another tab on my PC right now, and have only become obsessed with because my perfectionist streak coupled with the sunk cost fallacy makes for a dangerous combination.  So maybe you’ll be seeing more of that one in some capacity in the future.  In the meantime?  As always, look forward to more from me, starting with something that’s a fan favorite across the world.  What is it?  Do you even have to ask?

I, Voltech44, have a dream!


Yep.  Next time, a post on Tetris 99.

Insert record scratch here.

No comments:

Post a Comment