June 14, 2018

Technical (Mechanical?) Difficulties Rule -- ACT 2


Now, I'm not going to say that I'm in the middle of the Suffering Arc of my life, because A) it's not THAT bad, and B) I don't want to jinx myself, buuuuuuuuuuuuut...man, it'd be a pretty apt descriptor, given the past 1.5 weeks.

I don't know what it is about June 2018, but right now I can't catch a break.  Well, I can, given that I've earned a reprieve.  But before this very moment?  For about four straight days my life turned into a tragedy, which was on top of earlier tragedies the week prior.  The most pressing in terms of blogging is that an accessory of mine randomly decided to go belly-up, which explains why there was no Monday post.  Thankfully I got the part I needed -- after being reminded that I have the navigational skill of a blind ostrich -- only without the time needed to recoup.

Probably the most pressing in terms of my personal life, and the most recent tragedy, is that my dog went missing.  Don't gasp and offer condolences in the comments just yet; he "went" missing, not "is" missing.  We're talking past tense here.  He's back where he belongs (snoring up a storm under my bed as I type this), but man.  I'm having trouble thinking of a time when I was more stressed out, and this is coming from a guy who used to have a nervous twitch and would wake up some mornings with shaky hands.

But whatever.  It's over now.  Everything has been taken care of, even if I'm anticipating another tragedy in the near future.  Even if it doesn't come?  Right now -- as you can guess -- I don't feel like doing a damn thing.  Between the onslaught of misfortune, the lack of time, the built-up stress, and 100-ish degree heat, I'm worn out.  So how about this: assuming that more tragedies don't plunge me into the depths of despair, look for new posts again on Thursday, June 21st.  That should give me plenty of time to recharge.

It's a shame, but for now I think it's for the best.  (Also, you're not starved for content, so just read some older posts and comment if you need your fix.)  So I'm signing off for now.  But since there's a school of thought that says good writing should end with a call to action, here's mine.

PULL
MY
DEVIL 
TRIGGER


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment