November 11, 2012

Housekeeping Get!

You got the Reference!  This string of game-associated words can put a smile on your face whenever you see it.  You can set it to X, Y, or Z from the Start Menu.

Anyway, a couple of minor things I want to bring up.  First of all, if you’ll look at the rightmost tab of menu bar, you’ll notice that there’s a new feature: the “Let’s discuss” section.  I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while now, and in light of my eight thousand word treatise post on Halo 4 and the upcoming post on Majora’s Mask (which I’m sure will have no repercussions  on the safety of mankind) I figured I might as well start filing all the LD posts under that tab.  This way, you’ll quick access to all of the other discussion posts I’ve done, as well as get a look at what I’ve got planned next time.  In this case, it’s Majora’s Mask, and I hope to have Xenoblade Chronicles come soon after.  Pretty handy, yeah?

Moving, on, I have another announcement to make: after this Thursday, I Hraet You is going on hiatus.  I said before that I’m putting it aside, and once the 55th chapter goes up that’ll be the end of it for now.  But don’t worry; it’ll be back one day.  In fact, you can think of Thursday’s chapter as the “one hour season finale” -- it’s a big one, and while I won’t declare that there’s some over-the-top action (there was already a wacky chase scene), it does bring the arc to its conclusion and set up for even more insanity.  I don’t want to commit to an exact date for its return, but I can tell you right now that you won’t be seeing Lloyd and company for the rest of the year.  Maybe some time in March or April I’ll pick up the story again -- but I don’t want to make any promises I can’t keep.  I’ve got some other stuff I want to work on in the meantime, up to and including spreading awareness that IHY even exists.

Whatever the case, you can take solace in knowing that there are going to be 55 chapters -- a good 100k words’ worth of content divided into fun-sized portions -- for you to read whenever you’re ready, and can read for free.  I’ll sprinkle some extra content into the blog when I can (I have something planned for later this week), but know that when you’re in the mood for some laughs, some ham, and some hearty-McHeart-heart action, Lloyd will be waiting for you.  Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut with that in mind, I want to hear from the lot of you about what would be best for you -- basically, what you want to see that would make IHY a better experience.  Administrative things, user-friendly things, new-reader-friendly things, even things related to the story -- whatever comes to mind, I want to hear it.  I want a lot of people to feel the love, and it’ll be a whole lot easier with a little help from you guys.  So if there’s something you’re itching to say, say it in a comment.  I’ll see what I can do.

And that’ll do it for now.  See you guys around.

(See?  I can make short posts every now and then.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, lets discuss. Halo 4; terrible. Majora's Mask; terrible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the (flimsy) defense of Halo 4, I'm assuming that a lot of money went into the multiplayer. Even if the campaign is less than savory, I know instinctively that it's going to be forgotten in the wake of back attacks and Warthog explosions. Of course, if you've chosen to pretend that multiplayer doesn't exist...yeah, Halo 4 is terrible.


    As for Majora's Mask...well, I'll get to that eventually. But I'd watch your words if I were you; there's no telling when a certain malevolent entity might decide to turn you into a Deku Scrub and threaten to drop a moon on you.

    ReplyDelete