April 18, 2019

BRB Joker is in Smash


I love how the timing for this is both amazing and awful.


I’ve actually been itching to write more about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate -- what with me proverbially grinding it out online for the past few weeks -- and now I have more of a reason to than ever.  Nintendo and crew dropped the megaton of Persona 5’s Joker (who I’ll always recognize deep in my heart of hearts as “Joe Kujo”) out of nowhere, and then revealed that he’ll be playable roughly a day after the announcement.  I actually had to do a double-take with my calendar.

As of writing?  No, of course I haven’t played as Joker yet.  Neither has anyone else, save for the developers and the odd time traveler.  But I’ve made arrangements to play online co-op with my brother as soon as the Phantom Thief is available, so with any luck we’ll be diving in within the next couple of hours.  Looking forward to double Stand battles.


The problem, of course, is that there’s some exceedingly foul weather in the forecast.  If it holds true, there’s a chance we’ll have to endure baseball-sized hail.  Even if it isn’t?  Our locale is notorious for losing power if there’s so much as a strong gust of wind -- meaning that me writing about anything, or generally using my PC, is a risky gamble right now.  I mean, it’s kind of a miracle that the machine I’m using now turns on every day.  Given that whole programs have effectively died on me because of power outages, I’m not exactly keen to push my luck trying to pump out a Smash post with negative four hours on the clock.

So, I’ll be holding off for now.  Assuming all goes well (and the weather doesn’t go belly-up again), I’ll try to get a fresh Smash Ultimate post featuring Joker ready for Monday.  After that?  It’s back to Devil May Cry V for what I hope will be the finale to that little miniseries.  After that?  I dunno.  Kingdom Hearts III is still on the horizon, but I can think of at least one anime I need to gripe about before then.  So we’ll see.

At any rate, I’ll be signing off for now.  Have fun smashing with Joker, everybody.  Also, wear hard hats if you need to.


Man, the Mega Man games always had such good art.  Oh, and good designs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment